Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A dent in the WIPs


Well I did get some accomplished on Sunday. My husband spent the day taking pics at the air show and the kiddos played well while I was sewing. I did finish my neices quilt, but the pictures are a bit blurry. Hopefully I will be able to get some better shots and post later. I have never had so much trouble with a quilt as I did with that one. Even while sewing the binding in place, it seemed like the batik fabric was "slippery" and I had a tough time keeping the edges together. I don't remember how many seams I actually had to pull out.

I did finish a lap-sized quilt for a friend. She lost her mother over a year ago and gave me all of her mom's fabric. I feel honored to take over where her mom left off. She intended for all of that fabric to become quilts, so I'm busy putting it together. I have a couple more quilt tops done, but need to get more batting before I can put finish the larger ones.
I'm pleased with the way this pink one turned out. It measures 42x42, so it went together lickety split..esp quilting it stitch in the ditch.

No comments:

Post a Comment