Friday, July 31, 2009

Pink and Orange




Just a couple quick pics of my pink and orange quilt top. Yes, I have used this pattern before. Yes, it is my favorite because the pieces are large and show off the fabric that I like so well and it goes together so quickly. Yes, I am stuck in my comfort zone and can't seem to move away from straight lines/squares/rectangles. I do want to branch out, but I'm just not ready yet. I'm also waiting until I can decide how to quilt this before I finish it. I want to try free-motion quilting, but I am terrified of ruining my quilt top. I actually thought I'd practice on a smaller quilt that I don't necessarily like. Who has quilt tops lying around that they don't like? Plan B: just jump in with both feet and deal w/ the results. Well, maybe I will try Plan B this weekend.


1 comment:

  1. hi, thanks for stopping in and saying hello....i love this quilt top. Is it a pattern or do you wing it? i love those colors together...and i think i am guilty of having a few tops around that ti do not like just because they have been sitting for so long.

    ReplyDelete